We’re the Next Great Civic Leaders
And we’re already making a powerful impact by creating change from within Wilmington. To us, being a civic leader is all about understanding that local efforts have a global reach. It begins with creating leadership opportunities that put women’s skills and passions to work right here in Wilmington. If you’re interested in developing civic leadership skills while collaborating on important efforts with a group of like-minded women, you’re in the right place!
Become a Driving Force of Change Within Your Community
We accept new members in the fall, and our application period is now open. When prospective members apply, they are invited to join a one-year class that provides them with the tools and information they’ll need to play a crucial role in our community.
Ready to Apply?
We accept new members every year from June to September. Please complete a membership interest form and we will add you to our mailing list!
Membership in the Junior League of Wilmington, NC is open to women of all races, religions, and national origins who share in our commitment to voluntarism and to improving our community.
To learn more about our work and discover more opportunities to get involved, visit our Community page.
What is the Junior League of Wilmington?
Our goal is to empower women to enrich and improve our community through their leadership as trained volunteers. By providing valuable leadership training, we are giving local women the tools to get involved, put their talents to work, and positively impact Southeastern North Carolina.
Why do Members join JLW?
- Professional development (examples: public speaking, fund development, etc.)
- Personal development (investing, organization, book club, exercise club)
- Leadership development (committee work and leadership positions)
- Training to be effective civic leaders
- The chance to join our collective actions fighting human trafficking
- Unique networking opportunities
- Impactful relationships with a diverse group of empowered women
Which organizations do we partner with, and volunteer with, in the community?
- Our current community focus is reducing the rate of human trafficking in Southeastern NC. We believe this can be achieved through educating ourselves and the public, raising awareness of the issue, and supporting survivors of human trafficking in collaboration with local stakeholders. We work with A Safe Place and Five14 Revolution in these efforts
- We also have a community partnership with NourishNC through our Backpack Buddies program
How do I get involved?
We are a group of women of all backgrounds, ages, professions, ethnicities, and religions. JLW is committed to remaining a diverse and inclusive organization and is welcoming to all women who have a passion for voluntarism. You must be at least 21 years old to join and must reside in Wilmington and surrounding areas.
New Member Dues: $200
Once you submit your application and payment, you will be contacted by our New Member Chair, who will provide you further information on Orientation Training dates.
Follow this QR Code to learn more and submit your online application form:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact JLW Board Member Allison Bianchini -([email protected]; 815-354-2177)
The Junior League of Wilmington, NC welcomes transfer members from any other AJLI league. To begin the transfer process you must first notify the league to which you currently belong and state your intention to transfer your membership. Your current league will begin the paperwork to ensure a smooth transition into our league.
Sustaining members transferring into the Junior League of Wilmington, NC will be introduced to the Sustainer Committee Chair and will receive information about Sustainer events and league news.
Questions about transferring a membership should be sent to our office at [email protected].